If your citation is for a misdemeanor violation and/or indicates a mandatory appearance, you must appear the Superior Court by 2:00 PM on your appearance date shown on the bottom of your traffic ticket. Failure To Appear If you fail to appear or pay your traffic ticket by your appearance date, the court will take one or more of the following actions:

  • Issue a warrant for your arrest
  • Notify the DMV to hold, or refuse to renew, your driving privileges
  • Impose a civil assessment of $300.00
  • Refer your case to a private collection agency for further action Traffic School

You must provide your traffic school 'certificate of completion' to our office within 90 days from the due date of your fine amount.

Proof Of Correction Driver's license, insurance, vehicle registration, and mechanical violations will be dismissed by the court if proof of correction (POC) along with the $25.00 POC FEE is presented to the court by mail or in person by the due date. Proof of correction for equipment violations can be obtained by having a law enforcement officer sign off your copy of the citation. A clerk may certify insurance violations at the court. Driver's license and registration violations may be certified at an office of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or presented to the court.


It is your responsibility to present or mail proof of correction to the court along with the POC FEE.

Frequently Asked Questions

How Much Is My Ticket?

A courtesy notice will be sent to the address listed on your ticket. The notice will state the amount you owe (bail), whether or not a court appearance is required and the date by which you must take care of your ticket.

If you have not received a notice five days prior to the appearance date at the bottom of your ticket, please call the traffic division at (530) 233-6516 ext. 1213.

If you received a ticket for a mechanical violation, you may be able to pay a reduced amount if the mechanical problem is fixed. The notice will show a reduced amount if that applies.

How Do I Plead Not Guilty?

If you wish to plead not guilty by mail, you must either: 1. Schedule a Court Trial date, or 2. Request a Trial by Declaration.You will be required to post bail in either situation.

If you are charged with an infraction, you may plead not guilty and request a trial by declaration by sending the total bail amount to the court five days prior to the appearance date. Please sign the back of your courtesy notice requesting a trial by declaration. The clerk will mail declaration forms to you. You will not have to appear in court and your bail will be held in a trust account until your case is decided.

If you wish to plead not guilty in person, you must appear in court promptly at 2:00 PM on the appearance date at the bottom of your ticket.